Friday, June 22, 2012

Putting the 'En Garde' into Gardening

It looks very innocent and even innocuous back there.

But the truth is, the garden tried to kill me last night. You heard me. An ambitious Trionfo Violetto pole bean tendril tried to garrote me as I watered and puttered in the fleeting moments of last night's gloaming.


To be fair to the tendril, I almost never walk over there. It was probably just minding it's own business... yeah, right...

It wrapped it's sticky vine-ness around my neck and tried to do it's worst, but it was no match for my Kung Fu. Of course, by Kung Fu, I mean shrieking and wild flailing of arms - I call it 'Hysterical Style'. It may not be as effective as Tigress's 'Hard Style',

but it works for me.

I freed myself from the clutches of the ill-intention-ed legume, and got the heck out of there - I mean - calmly finished my watering.

I've got my eye on you, Bean.

That goes for the rest of you, too. Okra, just because your flowers are pretty, doesn't mean that I won't be wearing gloves to pick you...


No comments:

Post a Comment