Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oh, Doggie.

On March 27th, we had to say goodbye to our incredible Keely dog. She suffered from a recently diagnosed degenerative spinal condition that went changed course from 'wait and see' a downhill slide very quickly and unexpectedly. We thought we had more time. Her wonderful vet did everything that he could. He even let us take her home for her last few days. But when the time came, he was very clear that she was hurting, depressed and it was time to let go.

I hate that she was hurting in the end. I hate that she is gone. I hate that my daughter had to go through the loss of another loved pet. I hate that Alec did not get to meet my dog.

I am thankful that she is safe and not hurting any more. I am thankful that I did not have to care for a terminally ill animal as we welcomed our new baby.

I miss my dog.






No comments:

Post a Comment