Monday, November 23, 2009

Fair to Middling...

Well, I didn't get a lot done today :-( and it WAS for lack of trying... I did manage to get dressed and we did make it to Target - where I purchased 5 pairs of socks to turn into baby leg warmers!



The reason that I didn't finish them, is that I have (as I previously mentioned) borrowed my grandmother's sewing machine. While it is in immaculate condition and works perfectly, it is not new, and it's functions are limited...


What I LOVE (in addition to the fact that Singer sewing machines are built to last) is that my grandmother keeps all of the stuff for the machine in this box...


At any rate, I'll have to use somebody else's machine to finish the leg warmers. Perhaps I'll go door to door asking to use a sewing machine that can do a zig-zag stitch. OR, I could take the 20 minutes to read the manual for my machine and see if it can be fixed... unlikely...

So, not only did we go to Target, but stopped at LUSH, and - GET THIS - we didn't buy anything!!! I know! I should check my temperature - maybe I'm sick... It was weird. I looked at all of my favorite products and showed Lily Ruth all of the loveliness that has made me so happy in the past... and then I thought about how little time I spend in the bath these days. And how I don't use scented lotions and potions any more since I'm nursing and it seems rude to force all of that scent on someone so little. And I just walked away... and decided to spend the money on something else... like new shoes...

2 comments:

  1. You must be ill - no purchases at Lush? Not even a gift for a *gulp* friend? And you know you shouldn't go shoe shopping without Don - he is the shoe master! BTW - can those baby leg warmers be made for older kids? They are cute. And if I had them for Maddie I would start dressing her in skirts again. The toilet training and tights thing just aint working, but leg warmers you don't have to pull down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the things that these are PERFECT for! I'll buy you a bunch of sockies and have them ready when you get here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete