Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges

... Except that maybe I do...

After seeing a post from the Rock'n'Roll Gourmet in which she received a Girl Scout Merit Badge from a friend as a gift, now I DESPERATELY want to create and distribute 'merit' badges. Who's with me?

I have always luuuuuuuuuved uniforms. As a 'joiner', I am almost unable to resist the siren call of belonging that a uniform symbolizes. I adored being a Brownie. Not just because my Mama was a troop leader (and I luuuv my Mama), but because there was a uniform (!) and the potential to add pseudo-military insignia in the form of patches, pins and (*squeeeeeeee*) merit badges. I was in heaven.

I would like the opportunity to recreate that kind of third grade joy, and I would be happy to share it with you. Let's see... I think my first badge shall be the 'Three Olive' badge for making it through the kind of day that can only be survived by finishing it off with vodka... and my second badge will be the 'Bottle-icious' badge for knowing the names of at least 3 of this season's O.P.I. colors (because in addition to uniforms, I happen to adore O.P.I.)... ohhhhh, this is gonna be great!


Let me know when you've earned one - I'll make it happen as soon as you tell me the story... see, in addition to loving uniforms and O.P.I., I luuuuv stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment