Sunday, July 10, 2011

Random Spirit Lifters

When she woke up from her nap today, I sent Lily Ruth in to see Daddy and I went back to bed. I was actually pretty surprised that she toddled in to see him instead of insisting on staying with me.

According to Daddy, she walked straight into the living room, stopped in front of him, looked him over and said 'that's a very nice shirt, Daddy.'

--------------------

We left the house around 10:15 this morning. We were on our way to the Children's Museum... which didn't open until noon :-/ so we spent an hour or so wandering downtown and the Riverwalk. Lily Ruth developed a love/hate relationship with the animatronic crocodile in the gift shop of the Rain Forest Cafe... stupid Landry's Corporation... and we covered quite a bit of ground! The downside was that I was beyond tired when we made it home, and my baby belly ached.

I was puttering around grousing about how crummy I felt. 'Hot... Cranky... Stupid belly...' My wonderful husband pokes his head around the corner and says 'But I love your belly!... and it's carrying really important stuff!' Wow. When he gets it right, he really gets it right.

-----------------------

I wish that I had something wonderful that I said to add here, but I've been strangely negative all dang day. I hope that I've been able to keep it on the down low and that my family hasn't been dragged down by it... it's just one of those days. I feel overwhelmed by everything. Money's tight. The pool is cloudy. The kitchen seems to be generating it's own mess. The dog's allergies have blossomed into full-time itching, scratching and chewing. Lily Ruth got herself into a tantrum spiral and I wanted to sell her to the Gypsies...

But then the dog stops chewing on herself, walks over and kisses the baby into giggles. We swim in our cloudy pool all together and the giggles continue. We all pile onto the couch and bundle up in pajamas and fleece blankets to warm up and wind down for the night. Our daughter sucks her thumb and twirls her wet hair as my husband sings along with The Muppets. I find a quiet place in my mind and make room for the good things in our life. It's not all bad. It's really pretty good. I just need to put away the blinders and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment