Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dress Up Skirt Preview!

Let me just begin by saying (again) that I LOVE SAMSTER MOMMY! I went out today and bought (way too much) stuff to make THIS skirt.

My plan is to make one for Lily Ruth first to hone my technique. Then I plan to make one for Samster Mommy's Tutu Drive... and two more after that (look out Maddie & Lola!)

I have to share pictures of the fabric that I bought for these! Please keep in mind that the light is very weird today, and my dining room is poorly lit - the colors are MUCH more vibrant than the pictures show! When completed, each skirt will have 4 tiers. Each layer will be trimmed with the baubles pictured.



Keep you fingers crossed that these fabrics will be as gloriously mis-matched as I am hoping. My thought is that they will blend in a weird way once layered and finished out...

This will be my first experience working with slippery fabric, and my first time to mail off something that I made with my own hands. I am giddy with nerves and excitement! Giddy Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment