Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!!!

Today's Recipes: Zesty Crockpot Chicken, Beef Tenderloin, Brussels Sprouts, Yorkshire Puddings



What a great day! Miss Lily Ruth is 6 months old, and (officially) tried her first food - avocados - at Christmas Eve Brunch. She adored them. She doesn't push it back out with her tongue, nor does she hate the spoon, but she doesn't always really swallow what's in her mouth, so it can kinda slime back out later when you thought you were done and cleaned up :-P



After brunch, we came home, and Lily Ruth's paternal grandparents arrived. Lily did her (now polished) scoot/Yoga routine for them. Then she spied all of the presents under the tree, and scooted her diapered bum over there in a hurry! Apparently, wrapping paper is DELICIOUS, and should be devoured voraciously.



Since my artist mother in law is here, I enlisted her to help me to get the stockings (at least) started. Lily's is adorable, and I plan to add more to it for next year... ours are 'fine' and 'um, unfinished' and will probably be started over next year.



I wanted to share the gastronomical delights in store for the Doyle family this holiday so that you can be inspired!

Christmas Eve:
Brunch - breakfast casserole, cranberry almond coffee cake and cinnamon rolls

Dinner - tried & trues Zesty Crockpot Chicken over rice

Dessert - Chocolate chocolate mint chip cookies, peanut butter cookies with cinnamon chips, and brownies w/ 2 different 'chip' choices... and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream

Christmas Day:
Breakfast - Aunt Sallie's Coffee Cake, scrambled eggs and CM breakfast links

Lunch - make your own darn sandwich for I am ill...

Dinner - Beef Tenderloin, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and Yorkshire Puddings

Dessert - see Christmas Eve...

... since I didn't manage to post this BEFORE Christmas dinner - I would like to add that I am THRILLED with the way that everything turned out - especially the tenderloin, as I had never made one before!

Now I am busy collecting decorations and recipes to make beaucoup Gingerbread Men when the Davies get here!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, YA'LL!!! God bless us, every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment