Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here we are... 2010... I am hoping that 'start as you mean to go on' does not apply this year... I rang in the new year with my husband and two of my favorite folks (Robyn & Matt), but I was SICK AS A DOOOOOOG. Today is better, so I'm just going to pretend that TODAY is January 1st!

Here's the other part of this whole new year 'thing'. I am now surrounded (actually and electronically) by people who are elevating me... let me explain... for the past several years, my life has taken me in some odd directions. All have been manageable. Some have been fantastic (BAAAAAABY!!!), but they have all combined to take me to a place where I have been a bit cut off. I closed myself down in order to continue functioning. WELL, I feel better now! So I'm ready to be MEEEEEEEEE again. I want to think about things other than myself. I want to see things outside my tiny world. I want to BE as interesting as I FEEL :-)

Toward that end, um, we gave ourselves LUSH hair masks and face packs today...



which looks suspiciously like what we were doing LAST year around this time...



which is AWESOME, because it means that despite living on separate sides of the world, my Kittyn and I have rung in two consecutive new years together!

oh, and there was THIS bit from NYE 4 years ago...



but now I'm just gratuitously posting photos of myself and Robyn...

- but seriously, I want to use my brain again. I think I might want to become a lactation consultant. I KNOW want to read things other than hysterically funny Christopher Moore books... so I'm going to start by, um, reading more blogs... and taking it from there... oh, and there's the new wii to consider... wii fit will make me a better person, right? - sigh - this whole 'Brand New Better Me' thing is a bit exhausting. I'm going to ponder it a bit and get back to you. In the mean time,



HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the most amazing women I know - probably because you use Lush - what do they put in that stuff?? I am happy to have spent another NYE with you - looking forward to the next one already!

    ReplyDelete