Tuesday, June 22, 2010

aww, MAN!

Here's what was going through my head at 10:30 last night... (to the tune of Foreigner's 'Hot Blooded')

It's Mastitis, check it and see
My stupid fever's one-oh-two point three
C'mon Baby, can't you nurse more than that?
It's Mastitis, Mastitis

Yep. I've got it AGAIN. My last bout with this horrid bacterial infection was last September - before I started blogging. For those who have never had the pleasure, Mastitis is an infection of the breast caused by clogged milk ducts. The infected portion of the breast becomes bright red, hot, hard and PAINFUL. Then, you feel like you got hit by a truck. Joints ache, head hurts, patience runs woefully thin, and the afore-referenced fever sets in.

Last night was particularly miserable as Daddy was out of town on business. Lily is cutting a molar, so she's clingy, whiny and mean-spirited (lots of hitting, spitting, scratching and screaming). The two of us had dinner with my parents and grandparents, and I felt crummy but not miserable. It wasn't until after I got home and got into bed with Angry Lily that my fever spiked. Good times.

As you may have deduced, I survived. My fever broke around midnight. We slept in until TEN O'CLOCK! We made it out of the house for lunch, but I ate too close to my antibiotic dose, so I feel really crappy again. Pity party over here, ya'll :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment