Saturday, June 12, 2010

Today's Random Tidbits - 6

Well, here I sit. Hubby and baby both asleep. This would be the perfect time to nap, but nooooooooooo. Mama's brain won't slow down long enough to allow for some extra (much needed) sleep. Yay.

My friends June and Anthony just moved back to Texas! To make that even better, they are renting a house that is less than a mile from us. I am thrilled to have them back in hugging range, and even more excited that their daughter is Lily Ruth's age. We've already had a Diva Meltdown Showdown. It was awe-inspiring to see two girls on the cusp of toddlerhood go from pointedly ignoring each other to full-on, flat-out screaming, crying (huge, fat crocodile tears) and reaching for their respective fathers in less time than it takes to blink - and there was no discernible trigger. It just HAPPENED. The mamas thought it was funny. The dads were stunned. I am on the edge of my seat for their next meeting. How will they top that?

I am (slowly) making good on my resolution to work on the house. I dream that someday we will inhabit a dwelling that looks like adults with good taste reside therein. NO MORE FLAT-PACK BOOKSHELVES. No more cast-off hand-me-downs. Used furniture is acceptable (and appreciated), but it MUST add to the decor, not detract, and it cannot be visibly damaged (I'm looking at YOU, dog chewed coffee table!). *le sigh*

Oh, I forgot to tell you that the plane ride home from Denver was the exact opposite of the trip there. It was horrible. I'll spare you the details, as they are not that interesting. There was screaming, arched-back-fit throwing, and my head hurt the entire time. Lame.

My weekly Farmer's Market visit yielded some delicious options for this week. I have carrots, black-eyed peas, peaches, tiny tomatoes (in various colors), squash blossoms, green beans, field corn and squash. Thrilling!

I am officially fixated on a recipe that I made from my Yummy Baby cookbook. It is a Spinach, Peas and Ricotta Fritters recipe. I've only made them once, but I went out the next day and got the ingredients to make them again. As soon as I can remember to write down the weight to volume measurement conversions, I'll post it. They're so light and yummy!

I have a LOT of crafting that I want to do, but Lily Ruth is teething, and all she wants is me, so that's on hold. I love the bag that I made for Lily (she liked it, too!). I feel like making more of them. Perhaps I'll refine my technique, turn 'em out by the dozen, and they'll become all chic and popular... OR, I'll make a few for friends in my usual slapdash style then move on to the next project leaving my purse empire to crumble into dust. That sounds much more likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment