Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Frustrated Zombie Mom

Motherhood is HARD, ya'll. Babies are a lot of work, and the manual is not included... or at least MINE wasn't. If you got and extra copy, please send it to me.

So, how do you know if you're 'doing' it right'? How do you know when to ask for help? I have a beautiful, healthy, spirited daughter who is about to be 1. She has decided that every. single. time that she doesn't get her way, it's time for a full-blown scream fest. I can't even tell you how many meltdowns she had yesterday. All caused by things like diaper changes, nose wiping, not allowing her to have the remote control... Where did this come from? How do I stop it? I've been setting her down and ignoring her, but she drags herself over to me, flings herself on top of me (still wailing), then calms down immediately once she is on my lap and sucking her thumb. I'm pretty sure that counts as a 'win' in her mind. Am I supposed to peel her off of me and walk away again?

I have no idea. I don't even know where to start looking for help. How do you know what parenting books to read? How do you know which ones are full of shit? I guess what I'm saying here, is that I'm too freaked out and worn out to blog. It hasn't all been bad. Every single day has it's moments of pure joy. Lily is incredible to watch as she discovers something new. She is hilarious to be around when she pulls out a silly mood. She seems to be magnetic. People of all ages are simply drawn to her.

Stuff is still happening. Life continues. I'm not in a funk again, I'm just running on reserve power. Once I charge up my batteries, I'll have plenty to say.

I made another felt purse. This one is tiny - soooo cute! Oh, and I photographed the process so that I can post a tutorial. Maybe.

I made finger paints and invited other babies over to participate. I photographed that as well, but not so much for the tutorial possibilities as for the hilarity that ensued.

We're still here, World! We'll rejoin the mele soon enough :-)

1 comment:

  1. motherhood IS hard. I promise the creaming will stop, one day. It just may be replaced by something else. You are an awesome mama.

    ReplyDelete