Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finger Painting!!!!

Oh BOY was this fun!

I made a batch of finger paint base using the recipe that I found here. The recipe is very easy:


Finger Paints
Materials Needed:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cups cold water
2 cups boiling water
Food Coloring

Instructions:
Mix the 2 cups of flour with the 2 teaspoons of salt. Add the 2 1/2 cups of cold water; stir until smooth. Gradually add this mixture to the 2 cups of boiling water. Boil until the mixture becomes smooth and thick. Add the food coloring until you get the desired color.


So I divided it into tiny dishes and started adding food coloring.


It just kept getting better and better...


Then I taped giant pieces of freezer paper to the floor and invited other babies over to play...

There's the beautiful Lola who stayed so clean that she only required a wet wipe or two:


The ever-gracious hostess Lily Ruth who cried really hard the whole time:


And the handsome Henry who chose a 'whole body' approach. There are funnier pics, but his mama would kill me if I put 'em up here...


We really only 'painted' for less than 5 minutes. It was big fun, and the 'paint' came right off the floor, the bathtub, and out of the towels and clothes. The cleanup was so easy that I am truly looking forward to trying it again! Check out the masterpieces!


Lola:


Lily Ruth:


Henry:

1 comment: