Monday, April 4, 2011

Sweep It Clean

There is a cold front (rapidly) moving in. The wind is almost fierce and the temperature is dropping, but the light is still bright and sunny.

I have the windows and doors open so that Mother Nature can curl and swirl and blow through the nooks and crannies of my home and my head. I need for her to sweep out the detritus of negative thought and fear. I ask that she bring her fresh breath of life and light and love to our darkest corners. She's doing a pretty great job of it so far.

I also ask that you guys keep my family in your hearts and prayers in the next few days. My dad is going in for a tune-up. While we know that he is in incredibly competent hands (both physical and divine), it's still hard to stay focused and calm.

Simplicity. That's what I'm praying for.

Simplicity of thought so that we can stay focused on the love that we have for our family.

Simplicity of word so that we can clearly convey our love, our support and even our needs during this time.

Simplicity of deed so that we can accomplish the things that need immediate attention and leave the rest for another time.

Simplicity of breath so that we can breathe in the blessings of this day, and breathe out the things that we cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment