Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Our 'Thing'. It's What We Do.

The Baby Girl and I have spent quite a lot of time at the zoo in recent history.


We love it there... but you already know that.

I love that my baby recognizes the animals. I love the look on her face when she spies something new. I adore the 'thoughtful face' that she uses when I ask her what she wants to see next.

Today we spent more time than usual just 'piddling'. She spent ages holding the bronze baby elephant's tail:


She postured coyly in hope that the real elephants would notice her:


She polished off my coffee and contemplated the zebras:


Oh, and there was a LOT of this:


I love the way that her brain works. I love to watch her puzzle things through. I love that she can now make up her own games... I sooooo wish that my well-spring of patience were a bit deeper. I wish that I could learn to just sit still until she's done poking sticks at cracks in the ground. I can't. I don't have it in me. I get bored. I get restless. I get cranky. *sigh*

For now, I just have to give her as much stick time as I can bear, then lovingly redirect her to something new that we can both enjoy. It's the best that I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment