Monday, February 14, 2011

Ahhhhhhhh, Love

Hi! I know that I've been a bit absent lately - oh, I just checked, and it's only been a week. Whew. I have lots of things to tell you. Lily Ruth made her first trip to the Texas State Aquarium. I made awesome split pea soup and I'm slow cooking a pot roast as we speak but fish and food will have to wait because it's VALENTINE'S DAY!

I'm one of those annoying people who claims in public to hate Valentine's Day yet secretly loves it. I started telling people that I hated it when I was in my early twenties. I worked in restaurants, so holidays weren't any fun, they were just days when you had to work extra hard for less money since most of the folks who go out on those days are folks who rarely go out. *Broad generalization coming up* Those folks (bless their hearts) are usually pretty demanding, and are (oddly enough) pretty crappy tippers. It's enough to make a jaded toughie out of a young waitress.

Since Daddy Don & I have been dating and/or have been married since those days, he still thinks that I don't care about Valentine's Day. I'm just going to have to tell him that I've changed my mind ;-)

This year, Lily Ruth and I have been busy. We've had an awesome day. We got out this morning and handed out stickers (mostly ones that had been in her mouth) at Starbucks. We also put lots of stickers onto pages from her notebook that I made into Valentines once we got home...


Then we went and surprised Daddy at his office (this is a terrible picture, but you can still tell how excited she was!):


We took him a present - 'Family Game Night 3' for the wii! Mama and Daddy LOVE to play 'The Game of Life' on the wii :-P

Then we came home, and while Miss Lily Ruth napped, Mama made rice crispy treats. Now, keep in mind, I'm such a terrible baker that I may have even ruined these. They're hella sticky. Hopefully they will be perfect when cooled :-/


Fingers crossed... oh, I also put crushed peppermint and dark chocolate into heart-shaped molds...


All things considered, the treats came out very well. I even figured out how to make twist ties look semi-cute!



Wow. That's a lot of stuff for one day! No wonder she's still asleep! Oh my goodness, my pot roast smells soooooooooooooooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment