Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Busy Busy Baby

Well, it's been an eventful 24 hours! Yesterday, we took Lily Ruth to her first professional sporting event. She took it like a champ :-) She was entranced when the Spurs hit the court to warm up

She became the belle of the ball when she tried to make a break for it during the first quarter

She clapped and cheered and flirted until just before half time. Then she grabbed my shirt, looked me straight in the eye and demanded 'GO GO GO' in her most serious voice. We took her home and even got her to bed at her regular time.

She woke up somewhere between 1 and 2 with a raging fever. I guess the doctor was right - she really does have a virus. She tossed and turned and flipped and flopped while burning up for several hours. I dithered about getting her up to take her temperature / give her some Tylenol / suction out her nose, but she was actually asleep, so I left her to it, and told myself that I would take action if she woke up again. She only roused enough to ask to nurse.

When she woke up this morning, her fever was gone, and she seemed to feel pretty good - except that she needed to be physically touching me with at least 2 of her 4 limbs. She even developed a new game to play in her crib that involves showing off her extension - my little dancing wonder :-P

Eventually she took a really long nap during which I freaked out because I was afraid that my mama was dying. Then my mama announced that she wasn't dying so I calmed down. Then my husband came home early to be with us (especially me).

THEN, my incredible daughter SAID HER OWN NAME!!!! I've been trying for MONTHS to get her to say her own name. I work on it with her every. single. day. Tonight, we were hanging out and Lily Ruth was pointing at each of us and saying 'Mama, Daddy, Bingy, Doggie'. Just like I do every day, I pointed at her and said 'who's that?' She smiled and said nothing. I persisted with 'can you say Lily?' She demurred. Giving it the old college try, I worked my way around the room with 'who's that', 'Mama', 'who's that', 'Daddy'... and when we got to her she said 'ee-lee'. I shrieked with delight and made her do it about 20 more times. We even called Nanny. She'll only mumble it in a very self conscious manner, so I couldn't get video, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Then we had dinner, and resumed hanging out. Then Lily Ruth SAID HER FIRST THREE WORD SENTENCE!!!!! She was playing with Daddy and they were discussing his glasses. She said 'Daddy's glasses off' and took them off his face :-O. He put them back on and said 'glasses on' so she took them again and said 'Daddy's glasses off'. Holy cow! She's moving so fast that she's a blur.

All of this activity wore her out, and she took a quick ice cream break with her dinosaur before bed.

She went to bed with a minimum amount of fuss... but the doggie (who is on my shit list now) woke her up by incessantly pacing the wood floors with her giant clicky toenails. So now it's after midnight and the two of us are watching Sprout. Well, truth be told, I'm surfing the web and Lily Ruth is alternating between 'cooking' for the dog with measuring spoons and plastic bowls then trying to force feed the dog air and pushing every damn button on her Elmo activity table.

No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment