Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guest Recipe - Portabella Turkey Burgers

This recipe for Portabella Turkey Burgers is from my Friend Sarah. She's a cook after my own heart - whatever's on hand goes in! She mentioned having made them for lunch today, and there was a flurry of facebook demands for a recipe. She obliged, and we're totally having this for dinner tonight :-) It's a little bit like my turkey burgers/tacos/meatballs recipe, but enough different that I am REALLY excited to try it.

1lb ground turkey
1 big portabella (I cut the "gills" off because the kids don't like that black stuff in there)
1 quarter of an onion (chopped super fine so the kids don't see them!)
1 beaten egg white
1 tablesoon dry ranch dressing mix
a few shakes of lawyer's
salt and peper of course
Last night I had a small piece of left over venisen sausage that I also chopped really fine and put in the mix to add a bit more flavor.
Sometimes I will mix 1lb turkey and 1lb beef or pork, just depends on what I have on hand.

Sarah is really neat. I don't know here very well yet, and I still think that, so just imagine how awesome she must really be! Among other things, she's a mom, a wife, an amazing photographer, a great cook, a garage sale-aholic AND she loves killer shoes!



hope to get to know you better, pretty lady!

Recipe update: Of course, since I am me, I did not follow the recipe. I used it as delicious inspiration and used what I had on hand...

1 lb ground beef
1 big portabella - chopped
several crimini mushrooms - chopped
1/2 a sm-med onion - chopped
1/4 pkt ranch dressing mix
1/2 can black eyed peas - mashed
1 egg

sautee mushrooms and onion. mix w/ the rest of the ingredients. form into patties and cook - OMG, SOOOOOOOO good! Thanks, Sarah!

p.s. She took some awesome pics of Lily Ruth when we had dinner recently:


AND, she's as awesome as I had suspected.

No comments:

Post a Comment