Monday, April 12, 2010

Today's Random Tidbits - 3

We made it back from the extended family wedding yesterday. In case you were wondering (or had forgotten), nine-month-olds do not take kindly to being strapped into a carseat for four-plus hours at a time. I spent most of the drive (both directions) in the back seat alternately singing, waving toys, offering sippy cups and bottles and feeling so tired that I thought my eyes were going to drop out of my head.

The wedding itself was beautiful. I am glad that we made the journey so that we could share in the moment. It was great to see everyone, and Lily Ruth had a ball. She let other people hold her, chewed on the wedding favors, and did extensive 'walking' while holding on to somebody's fingers. She still leads with her baby belly, so we're not as close to solo walking as I had feared. WHEW!

The swimming pool is closer to normal than it has been in a very long time. I am very excited about this. Given the opportunity, I spend hours each day partially submerged hippo-style in the water. Last summer, our priorities were a little bit different. I swam a bit while still pregnant, but after Lily Ruth arrived, and I got the 'all clear' from my doctor, I was too tired to swim or help maintain the pool. Then it was fall, and we let it kind of return to the earth. Our poor pool has been out of balance (read: GREEN) since August. Daddy has battled it in a half-hearted manner whenever he had a few moments to spare, but his free time has been limited. I of course, had been choosing to do ANYTHING other than mess with the pool. Well, the two of us have finally made a commitment to our home, yard and pool, so things are on the mend!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a great day on Friday. I'm not sure what made Friday any different from my other days recently, but I choose to attribute it to my morning guest. A friend who I don't see often but am very fond of came over to visit and to receive a massage. This doubled the awesomeness of the day because I love to visit with her, and I really miss having my hands on people on a regular basis. I truly love being a massage therapist. I hope that I am able to return to it it some form when Lily Ruth starts school.

Today, Lily Ruth and I went back to the Diocese to play on the grass. The springs aren't running, and the pools are a bit green, but we were still glad to be there. We spent over half and hour chewing on tender grass stems and practicing solo standing. I thought about wandering back to the car for the camera, but decided that it was more important to live in that moment than record it for posterity. I think I made the right choice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment