Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Playing

Lily Ruth has become a master of solo imaginative play. Most of the time, if she's playing by herself and I try to join in, she says 'No. Bye, Mama' and shoos me away. She sets up elaborate situations involving every doll or animal (real and stuffed) in the room. Her scenes involve cooking for, feeding and reading to each one. The best part is that every single scenario that she imagines ends with her putting everyone to bed. This from the child who acts like bed time is a travesty of justice! She pulls out every blanket she can find, and rounds everybody up. They aaaalllllll get covered up, have to 'close eyes', and submit to being patted on the back (rather vehemently) as she murmurs 'shhh, shhh, shhh' under her breath. It's hilarious... unless you're the one being asked to lie on the (hard, cold) floor for ages and ages... I take that back - Daddy actually loves to play this game in the evenings. He'll be still and close is eyes for as looooong as she wants :-P

I'll submit to 'Seep, Mama... Close eyes' for a while, but I eventually 'Ake up' and wander off. Poor Keely spends at least 20 minutes each day being covered with a blanket and whacked on the back. I think she's starting to like it. I can tell you who doesn't like it - Bing. She's taken to following him around muttering 'come on, Bingy' and reaching for his tail - which she then uses like a handle to drag him back to the game.



I had no idea that Bing was patient. Apparently he is. Perhaps he's vying for sainthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment